Utilize GIS technology to analyze demographic, consumer spending, and business data. Analyze current-year estimates and five-year projections of demographic data and extensive consumer spending and business data for the entire United States.
Restrictions on Use: BAO may be used for teaching and student learning purposes only. No research or administrative users are permitted. By entering this database you agree to these terms.
To gain access follow these steps:
- Visit https://umn.maps.arcgis.com/
- Click "Sign In" on the up left corner
- Click "Using your UMN X.500 account"
- Login with your Internet ID and password, if prompted
- Wait approximately ten minutes for your access to be granted.
- Go to the following website to login: https://libguides.d.umn.edu/BAO
- Click "Sign In"
- Choose to sign in with an Enterprise Account and click "UMN Internet ID (X.500)"
- Login with your Internet ID and password
If you are still unable to access BAO after an hour or have any other questions, please email U-Spatial Help Desk
from your University email account asking for access to Business Analyst Online (BAO).
BAO is included in the University's ArcGIS Online subscription. However, use of BAO can use a large number of credits. If you have a large number of address to geocode (over 500) or are planning on performing analysis on a large scale, please contact the help desk to learn about Business Analyst Desktop; this is a more powerful version of Business Analyst available for your use.