Book a Study Room
Having trouble with online booking of UMD Library group study rooms?
Common causes of problems include:
- You are not a student, faculty member, or employee of UMD. Library study rooms are popular, and only UMD users may book or check out study room keys.
- You already have a pending study room booking. To delete a pending booking, log in to "My Account" and click on the number next to "Booking Requests." This will take you to the booking details page. Click on the underlined number next to the booking details, and this will take you to a page where a Delete button will let you remove a booking.
- You are a faculty/staff member trying to book a student study room; or you are a student trying to book a faculty/staff study room. Choose a room that fits your user profile.
- All of the bookable rooms are reserved for the time period you want. At the time when your group needs a room, stop at the Circulation desk or check the study room availability page to see if any nonbookable rooms are available. (Some rooms are checked out on a first-come, first-served basis.) If one of the faculty rooms is not booked, students may use it, but it cannot be booked by students in advance.
- You are attempting to book a room for a time period when the UMD Library is not open.
- You have forgotten which room you booked. You can check your account or ask at the Circulation desk for the information.
- You don't know how to book a room.
Follow the directions below:
1. Go to the group study room availability page. You can find a link to it under Quick Links on the UMD Library home page. Use the calendar icon next to the date line under "Bookable" to select the date of your desired booking (if not today).
2. Choose a room that will accommodate your group and that is not already filled in for the time desired, and click and drag your mouse to select the reservation time for your group. The time period must not exceed three hours.
3. Log in to your library account if you are not already logged in. (Use your student or faculty/staff internet ID and password to log in.)
4. Review the booking details. If everything looks okay, print the screen, or copy and paste the details for your records. Then click the "Submit" button.
5. A booking form page will appear with a calendar showing that bookings for the room you reserved. Your booking will appear in blue.
Room keys must be picked up within 15 minutes of the start of the reservation time.
To delete a booking, go to My Account. You may have only one booking at a time.
NOTE: Room L142 is a designated faculty group study room. It may be booked by faculty, but not by students. If other group study rooms are full, a student may check out the faculty study room if it is not booked or in use at that time.