Where is it?
The Library Catalog includes location information next to a book's call number to tell you where in the library the book is located.
- American Indian Learning Resource Center - off site, 315 Kirby Plaza
- Bestseller - 1st floor
- Bindery - unavailable
- Book - A-L 3rd floor, M-Z 4th floor
- CED Center for Economic Development - off site, use Interlibrary Loan
- Children's - 3rd floor
- Folio - 4th floor, end of books
- Gov Doc - 3rd floor
- Index - Library Annex
- Microform - 3rd floor
- MN Lib Access Ctr Elmer L. Andersen Library - off site, use Get It
- Multimedia - 1st floor
- Newspaper - 1st floor
- NRRI Natural Resources Research Institute - off site, use Interlibrary Loan
- Online - Electronic
- Periodical - Annex
- Reference - 2nd floor
- Reserve - 1st floor
- Thesis - 3rd floor (LB 2369.5)
- TMC Teaching Materials - 3rd floor
- Tweed Museum of Art - off site, Tweed Museum
- Voyageur/Special Collections- Annex, 2nd floor
Using Get It
1. Type in your search term in the MNCAT Discovery Duluth search box on the library home page. You can designate the type of search with the tabs. Choose Articles & Books for a comprehensive search of the majority of articles and physical items available through the University Libraries; choose Library Catalog if you wish to liimt your search to physical titles. Since we are demonstrating Get It, we will do a search using the Library Catalog tab. The catalog will perform a keyword search of physical items.
2. Your results list will include items in the collections that contain the keywords you typed. In this case, we see that the catalog has found the correct resource, Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association. In fact, it has identified multiple versions of the title we were looking for. Click on "View 5 versions."
3. The five versions of this title will appear, and often the titles will be different editions with newer and older publication dates. You will be able to see which copies are available and where they are located. When the same edition is available at multiple locations, the catalog will list one location "and other locations." After you select "Get It" you will be able to see the other options. If your results list is very long, you can refine your search by using the filters on the left of the results pane. You can refine your search by subject, date of publication, material type, or by home library, depending on the items contained in your list.
4. Click on “Get It” to request the edition you would like.
5. Highlight the copy that you would like to request. We encourage library users to log in to "My Account" when using the library catalog or the MNCAT Discovery Duluth search tool because you may find more results when logged in. If you are not logged in, the catalog will prompt you to log in when you attempt to make a Get It request.
6. Select "Sign in" in the upper right corner of the page.
7. Then sign in with your UMD Internet user name and password.
8. Now click “Get It.”
9. Select the campus library pickup location. Then click on the red “Request” button.
10. You will get a confirmation message “Request placed” if the item you requested is eligible for paging or recall.
11. When the item is available for pickup at the library you selected, you will receive an e-mail notification.