What makes a good source? Here are a few things to consider:
- Authority and accuracy: Who authored the information? What are their credentials?
- Intended audience: Is the information directed to a particular group? (researchers, consumers, etc.)
- Purpose of information: Is the information designed to educate? To market an idea or product?
- Date created & updated: Is information up to date? Does it reflect the current trends of the discipline?
- Contact information: Is it possible to contact the author or institution?