Some of the databases have full-text and you click on a HTML or PDF link to retrieve the full text.
Locate Full-text Article Using UMD Find It
If the article is not full-text within the citation, click icon available in many of the database to help you retrieve the full-text article.
- Click on UMD Find It icon. Anothee window will open and click on "Get full text from database name" (often more than one database).
- Another window will open, usually directly to the aricle. You may have a choice of HTML or PDF versions.
If Full-Text Article Not Found Using UMD Find It
You will see "Sorry, we don't have an online copy, but...."
- Click on the Look for a print copy in the Library Catalog. Type in the JOURNAL title to see if journal is available in print or microfiche.
- Click on the availablilty field to see what years and volumes the library carries.
If Full-Text Article Not Found in Print or Microfiche
- Click on Request a copy through Interlibrary Loan.
- The ILLiad window will open. Logon using your UMD email username and password. Your citation will automatically be filled in.
- You can change the "Not Wanted After Date" and add any notes.
- Press the Submit Request. You will be notified by UMD email when your request comes in.
If the "Find It" icon is not available in a database.
- Go to the Libary homepage (http://www.d.umn.edu/lib/) and click on the Journals tab.
- Type in the journal name with the E-Journal Locator radio button selected and press Search for journals.
- In the results list, select the database which has the year you need.
- Another window will open, click on Get full text from (database name) to get to the database.
- Another window opens, locate the year, volume, issue of the journal you need and arrow down to your article.
- Print journals are in the Library Annex (access via 2nd floor) or in microfilm (3rd floor).