In order to find books, you can search the library catalog, which is linked in the box below. The catalog also contains ebooks, DVDs, videos, government documents, music recordings, scores, and teaching materials.
Browse these general call number areas to find books related to art history:
- D European and World History
- E U.S. History
- F Local U.S. History and The Americas
- N Visual Art
- NA Architecture
- NB Sculpture
- NC Illustration, Drawing, Posters, Commercial Art, Graphic Art
- ND Painting
- NE Print Media (woodcuts, lithography, aquatint, etc.)
- NK Graphic Design, Ceramics, Textiles, Antiques, Arts and Crafts
- NX Multimedia, or studies of more than one medium in the same book
- TR Photography
If the library doesn't hold a book you're looking for, you can search WorldCat here: WorldCat -- UMD Students, Staff, and Faculty. Use WorldCat to find books, journals, articles, maps, music scores, sound recordings, films, theses/dissertations, machine-readable data files, and any other materials available in libraries worldwide. Request items through Interlibrary Loan using the ILLiad link on each item's record.