What is the author's motivation?
- Why is the author writing this article? To inform and educate? To convince you of a specific view point? To sell something?
Who is the author (s)? What are their credentials?
- Can you find more information about the author including publication history, education, biography, work history?
- What makes the author qualified to discuss the topic?
What evidence are they using? Are you providing links, citations or reference points?
- Are they using popular sentiment and rumor to justify claims, or providing facts, figures and studies?
- If they are using facts, figures and/or studies, do they provide links to those studies?
- Could you look at the same resource to verify the claims?
Who is the audience for this article?
- Is it for the general public, academic researchers, children, or a certain group of people?
Who is the publisher?
- Is the publisher/host a web page, an academic press, a how-to-guide, a click-bait site?
- What is the purpose of that publisher's product? To sell a product or ideology? Is the publisher affiliated with a cause, institution, or with a specific mindset?
What is the publication date of this information?
- Is it a recent article containing up to date information?
- Could the subject matter changed since publication?